Setting up your email account in KDE Kontact
Setting up through Autodiscovery
- Launch Kontact.
- If this is the first time you launched Kontact or KMail, it asks you to set up your account. Proceed to step 4.
- Go to Mail in the sidebar. Go to the Tools menu and select Account Wizard.
- Enter your name, email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) and your password. Click Next.
- Click Create Account. If prompted, re-enter your password and click OK.
- Close the window by clicking Finish.
- Go to Calendar in the sidebar.
- Go to the Settings menu and select Configure KOrganizer.
- Go to the Calendars tab and click the Add button.
- Choose DAV groupware resource and click OK.
- Enter your email address (email@example.com) and your password. Click Next.
- Select ScalableOGo from the dropdown menu and click Next.
- Enter messaging.galiemedia.com into the Host field and click Next.
- Click Test Connection and then Finish. Finally, click OK twice.
Once you have set up Kontact, you can also use KMail, KOrganizer and KAddressBook individually.